8.04.2008

Thing 19

I tried twitter. The easiest way to describe it is like a chat room where you can talk without everyone being online at the same time. The basic question is "What are you doing?" The answers are limited to 140 characters or less. With chat my ex helped my daughters do homework from other countries, but they didn't always know when he'd be online. With twitter he could post a time for a live chat. You could set one up to see how students are progressing on a multiweek project. They could post what parts they finished. Twitter will text your phone automatically with messages, so you can read on the go. It'll also send you a reminder if you haven't posted in 24 hrs. I have unlimited text messages and didn't know how I would use them. I can respond to my friends by sending a text to twitter.

No comments: