8.04.2008

Thing 23

I am glad that I took this class. It definately took more than 18 hours. There was a lot of interesting things, but there was too much to take it all in.

I do worry that as we have easier access to everything so do the perverts have easier access to our children. Technorati for instance could let perverts know if there was a book club blog discussing a book primarily read by young girls. As students use teachers things like rollyo and our names are on it or our school name is on it, and students use these than a search could tell perverts who used those searches and find those students by already knowing where they live. Instead of finding one innocent student, now perverts have whole groups of them.

As parents, and educators it is our duty to stay ontop of emerging technology so we can be aware of all the possibilities of good and evil. Darth commenters might destroy blog groups if allowed, but perverts destroy lives. I've experienced this with one daughter. Thankfully she only got pregnant and she is still alive. Now my ex is not protecting another daughter who is talking to a guy online. My ex says he talked on the phone to the guy and by the voice he can tell the guy is 17. Obviously he is blind or hasn't called the house where teenagers live and confused the teenager with the parent as I have many times over. But as my daughter lives with my ex I have no control and must watch as....well you get the picture. Always stay up with technology, and never forget the other side of it.

No comments: